661-714-6866 ~ Licence: #0K45530 Info@tombroadwayinsurance.com

With the recent fires and floods in the Ventura County many of the homes were uninhabitable, having residents to re-locate.  Many homeowner policies have the coverage known as “Loss of Use”, also known as additional living expenses (ALE).  If a covered property loss leaves the insured’s primary residence premises uninhabitable, the insured will have coverage for additional living expenses related to maintaining the insured’s normal standard of living until the damaged residence is repaired. For example, you usually spend $200 per month for groceries. While your home is being repaired, you spend $300 a month since you have to dine out instead of cook at home. Coverage terms vary among insurers, and it is important to review your policy and call your carrier or agent with any questions.